Please feel free to call or email should your question not be answered below. These FAQ’s and many others are addressed in more detail in the Parent Handbook.
- How many students do you have?The Branch Academy is licensed for 45 total students by Hillsborough County Childcare Licensing. We enroll 14 students in our Pre-K3 class, and 30 to 31 students total in our Pre-K4 classes.
- What age does my child need to be in order to attend The Branch Academy?Children must turn three years old by June 1st of the year of enrollment in order to enroll in the Pre-K3 class. Children must turn four years old by September 1st of the year of enrollment in order to enroll in the Pre-K4 class.
All children must be fully toilet trained.
- How does the wait list work?
Each child is placed on the wait list for his or her respective school year of entry in chronological order based on the date that the wait list information, together with the $25 wait list fee, is received at Branch.
Students who participate in our Pre-K3 class will be given first priority for placement in the following school year’s Pre-K4 class. Applicants who are siblings of current Branch students or siblings of former Branch students will be given priority during the registration process.
- Do you give tours?The Branch Academy is a small facility, and it would be very disruptive to our students to give tours on a drop-in (which becomes almost daily) basis. Therefore, we give tours on a scheduled basis in the late fall or early winter preceding your child’s school year of enrollment. Each year, we start the enrollment process by reaching out to the first few families on the wait list with an invitation to join us for a tour. As we work our way through the wait list, we add open house tour dates for additional families. Scheduled tours give families the opportunity to see the students at work and play, keep the number of people in the school at any one time at a manageable level, and minimize the disruption to the students’ school day.
- How do I find a school year calendar with holidays and vacation days?The Branch Academy follows the School District of Hillsborough County school year calendar (www.sdhc.k12.fl.us), including holidays, teacher workdays and any possible Early Release days.
- What are your hours?
Branch offers the following weekly programs:
Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 Half Day
8:00 A.M. – Noon
Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 Full Day
8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- What does it cost to attend?
- Do you have a dress code?
We do ask that our students wear a uniform to school. Our uniform consists of “comfortable clothes and closed toe shoes” which allow for play, running, jumping, or other physical activity:
Our CORE items include a solid NAVY or embroidered Branch Academy Green top and a KHAKI bottom. Girls may wear navy or khaki jumpers or dresses. These items can be found at Target, Old Navy, Children’s Place, Gap Kids, etc. We also have a Friday spirit T-Shirt which we sell at the very beginning of the school year.